THIS IS WHERE YOU SUBMIT ARTICLES. Please submit them as an uploaded ATTACHMENT - use the cover letter for any information you want us to know outside the article like your background, your connection to the topic, etc. Thanks so much for helping us be efficient!
- Because we have a small staff, we use technology to help us be effective.
- For submissions, we use a wonderful Missoula, Montana-based company's software.
- Please use this system to submit, please do not send in an email as we may not get it in our article processing system that way and it could even become lost.
- We publish frequently, but recommend submitting at least 4 weeks ahead if it's time-sensitive if it's for the online version. Lead time can be longer for our special edition magazine app issue.
- Our general length guidelines are 300-700 words for online publication, with a range of 900-1200 for the special edition magazine app issue. However, we consider each submission based on the merits.
- Good photos are necessary. (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE THESE - if you have taken the photos yourself, then you have no worries, if people are identifiable in the image, be sure you have written permission from them to publish and send that with the photos.)
Here are a few tips:
- We are a family oriented magazine with articles of interest to Montana visitors and residents - ask yourself - is this interesting, informative or entertaining? Would I read this?
- For the online magazine we seek short, entertaining articles, so focus on one main topic - you can submit separate articles if you have multiple ideas, we don't mind hearing from you often if you have good quality writing and it fits our style.
- You don't need to be a "perfect" writer but do submit your best effort - read it out loud, have a friend proofread it for you - if we have to do heavy editing, we may have to reject the piece.
- Please include a short bio (30-40 words), which can include a link to your website.
- Videos and MP3/MP4 audio files also accepted, please stay around the 3-minute or less range.
- Remember, there is no limit to the quantity of ORIGINAL material you can submit.
Thank you for helping us share the stories about our wonderful state and build a community of mutual support.
NOTE: We reserve the right to refuse any submission that does not meet our current needs or standards, edit as necessary and distribute digitally in all media (with your author bio attached). Tasteful humor is welcome. We are a G-rated, upbeat, happy publication.